The Ohio Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (OAFCS) awards one scholarship every year to a student who has both academic ability and shows professional promise. Students are greatly needed in all professional areas of Family and Consumer Sciences. It is hoped that those who are highly suited for careers in this field will take advantage of this opportunity.
OAFCS will award (1) $1,000 scholarship to a student enrolled in Family and Consumer Sciences who has completed a minimum of one term with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Additional scholarships may be awarded, depending on the availability of funds. Scholarships are for one year, with the entire scholarship paid during the first semester. Scholarship monies are sent directly to the college or university attended. Expected graduation date and number of credits remaining will be considered for applicants with senior status.
Evaluation of all scholarship applicants will be based on:
- Academic performance
- Organizational participation and leadership potential
- Community Service
- Enrollment in Family and Consumer Sciences
- Financial plans and resources
- Completeness of application and materials
The scholarship applicant must:
- Be a resident of the state of Ohio as determined by the college or university.
- Be a sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student enrolled in Family and Consumer Sciences who has completed a minimum of one term (quarter or semester), or any returning student at any grade level. Expected graduation date will be considered for individuals with senior or graduate level status. The recipient may re-apply for the scholarship a second year.
- Have a grade point average of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 grade point system. This must be shown on the transcript submitted with the application.
- Plan to major or currently be enrolled in family and consumer sciences and plan to graduate from an Ohio college or university. Individuals enrolled in web-based, satellite, or other non-traditionally delivered courses for credit from colleges outside Ohio must be permanent residents of Ohio and physically remain an Ohio resident while enrolled.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student during the following year.
- Submit the information requested below.
Click here for the Application!